Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall Fun, Part One

Yesterday, we welcomed Fall with my very first trip to the fair!  You know it's Fall when the fair's in town.

The old Mid-South Fair has packed up and left Memphis for Mississippi, so we went to the Delta Fair instead.  Mommy and Grandaddy took me and we had a blast.

We (and that includes me!) ate so much junk.  Mommy said that's the main reason to go to the fair and the main reason Daddy doesn't care for the fair.  We had Pronto Pups (corn dogs) and Funnel Cakes and Cotton Candy and Fudge and, well, I can't remember what else.

I had two favorites.  One was the petting zoo.  I never did get the whole feeding-the-animals-out-my-hand thing, but that's what Mommy's for.  She fed the, while I loved on the animals.  And they enjoyed licking some of the fair food off of me, too.  The other was the life-sized Elmo.  I couldn't get enough of him.

Oh, and we ran into Edens and Mrs Carol.  Me and Edens played in a mud puddle together.

Anyway, we had lots of fun, but I was pooped afterwards.  Mommy had to give me a bath, though, to get all the dirt and grime off of me.  But I was in bed way early and slept over an hour later than usual, too.

I can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Grandaddy had a ball taking you to the fair! I wish I had my camera there when you met the life-sized Elmo! And when you were driving the gigantic tractor! And when you were smackin' down some of Grandaddy's pineapple whip! YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete