Saturday, September 19, 2009

Memphis in September!

It's September in Memphis and that means it's Cooper-Young Festival time.  At least, that's what Mommy and Daddy have been telling me for a few weeks now.  And I was able to experience my first CYF today.  There were lots and lots of people.  And they were all over those few blocks around the intersection of Cooper and Young.

We saw some really cool art.  We wanted some, too, but it was out of our price range.  That's too bad, especially considering that Mommy and Daddy got some of our best pieces at the festival.  (Oh, I colored a picture the other day.  I'll have to scan it and post it tomorrow.)

Also, the smell of corn dogs and funnel cakes and crepes had me on edge.  I really wanted something, but then I filled up on Goldfish.  Oh, well; I guess I had enough at the fair.

At any rate, we stopped at the new Chick-Fil-A (the only one actually in town) on the way to yet another concert at the Shell.  Farmer Jason, of Jason and the Scorchers fame, was playing.  He was great fun, too, until the weather hit.  After a week of rain, you'd think the sky would clear up.  But, no.  And we didn't even get to hear "Punk Rock Skunk."

That's okay, though; it did give me an excuse to play in the rain.  I ran around, up and down the hill.  And I only did a face-plant once.  Then, in front of the stage, I found a big puddle.  Well, that was just too cool.  I stomped and danced around that puddle for quite a while.  And it made the rain stop, after which I continued to run up and down the big hill.

Then, I got to meet Farmer Jason.  He winked at me and signed my CD.  Too cool.  Too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment