Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hangin' With Pa and Using A Spoon

Yesterday, we left Pa at the house for a trip to the Farmer's Market.  On the way, however, we made a stop to try the beignets at the Beignet Cafe.  And it was well worth it.  We may have to make that part of our routine.

We came back and had a nap, then took Pa to the zoo.  He hadn't been in many years and the zoo has changed a lot in the meantime.  He hadn't even seen the pandas.  And the latest exhibit, the Teton Trek, actually opened to the public yesterday.  Even Daddy hadn't seen it yet, though me and Mommy went during the member's preview last week.  The grizzly cubs are pretty cool, as are the timberwolves.

Pa wanted to try a new BBQ place and jumped at the idea of eating at Neely's, which is owned by that couple on the Food Network.  I didn't really want any BBQ, but I did discover that I like ketchup.  I wouldn't sit in my chair, so I was in Daddy's lap.  I saw him dipping fries in ketchup and tried it for myself.  I didn't know what I was missing!

Pa also wanted to try some Memphis chicken, so we went to Uncle Lou's after church today to get some of their Sweet Spice Love and honey buttered biscuits.

Oh, and guess what I can do!  Give up?  I can feed myself with a spoon!  I started with my morning yogurt, but it's been pretty messy, mostly due to the fact that I am still learning to use a spoon.  But, this evening, Mommy got all excited because I was using my spoon the correct way...for a while, at least.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Ketchup has claimed another victim! Zoe asks for "Chup" with EVERYTHING. Including carrots.
    Yay Dylan for learning to use a spoon though! The better to slurp up that ketchup. :)

    ReplyDelete