Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fun at the Zoo

It was shaping up to be a wonderful day, with weather fit for springtime.  On the way home from church, Mommy lamented that it was close to naptime and we couldn't go to the zoo.  Subsequently, I fell asleep in my high-chair eating lunch.

Upon waking, after I finished the rest of my lunch, Daddy decided it was indeed a good day for the Memphis Zoo.  By that time Mommy didn't feel like walking around the big zoo, so she stayed behind.  We thought that today would be a good day to leave the stroller behind as well.  And, with it so near to closing time, we figured we ought to drive instead of walk.  It turned out to be good that we did.

Cat Country, in contrast to its usual atmosphere, was full of life.  Those cats are always just sitting around doing nothing when I go, although that may have to do with the fact that I usually go to the zoo in the morning and they've not been awake for long.  But today they were walking around and even playing with each other.  What fun!

It was feeding time over at the Farm, my favorite place in the zoo, so I didn't get to pet anyone.  That's okay, though; I always get to play with them.

Since we went sans stroller, I got to walk and roam all around, just like the big boy that I am.  Daddy carried me around on his shoulders between exhibits, though, to move us along quicker.

The pandas, usually so lazy, were lots of fun today, too!  One of them was even outside.  The other was playing inside, interacting with all of us visitors.

The elephants weren't out, so we hurried to the Northwest Passage.  The panda bears weren't doing much, but the sea lions were showing off a bit.  Two were posing on rocks and another was swimming by, trying to get my attention.  It was beginning to get dark, though, and I didn't much care.

One of the black bears came strutting right up to me and the bald eagles were talking to me.  So that was fun!

It was getting darker and darker, with storm clouds approaching.  But we wanted to see the grizzlies.  As soon as we walked up to the Teton Trek.  We saw the bears and turned to leave.

All of a sudden, the bottom just dropped.  Fortunately, the tram pulled up to save us.

But it was pouring down rain by the time the tram dropped us near the front gate.  We had to run to the gate, then run to the car.  And it was some kind of fun running in the rain.

Tomorrow promises even more fun.  I have a friend coming over to play!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like TWO big little boys enjoyed running in the rain ! I'm glad Mommy got some rest time.

    ReplyDelete