Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow and Frigid Weather

So, winter finally arrived in Memphis last week and it's making me stir crazy!

It snowed on Thursday and we were hoping Daddy could stay home.  But, no.  All the schools around were closed (the county schools--in fact every county in every direction).  The city schools, though, were open.

Mommy and me took a nice walk in the snow.  We went a few blocks and I especially enjoyed crunching through the inch of snow and the frozen grass.  So cool.

Most of the snow melted with the sun, but frigid weather was a-coming.  In fact, it was easily in single digits and they cancelled school (for Daddy and the city kids, but not the county).  I woke up, but went back to sleep with Mommy and we thought Daddy had left.  So it was some surprise when he walked in after he heard us getting up.  Mommy screamed, which made me laugh so hard.  That Daddy!

Anyway, so it hasn't got above freezing since.  And that means that I haven't left the house but a few times.  It's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment