Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

We helped Mommy celebrate her birthday this weekend and I gave her lots of kisses!  Her birthday was on Saturday, but she celebrated all weekend long.

First, Uncle Grant and Aunt Kelly came over on Friday so that Mommy and Daddy could go out to dinner with some friends.  I like Grant and Kelly!  Oh, and Aunt Kelly made a cake for Mommy, complete with (well, we won't say how many) candles!

Then, me and Daddy had a boy's day on Saturday, as Mommy had a girl's day (chick flick, then chocolate fondue) with several girlfriends.  We didn't get into too much trouble!

I usually go to sleep after church on Sunday, but I decided I would stay awake yesterday so that we could go out to eat with Grandaddy and Grandmommy.  We had Central BBQ!  It was hard, but I did it just for Mommy!

Last night, after I finished dinner, Daddy was officially in charge of me.  Why?  Well, Mommy had a big night planned, with both the Golden Globe Awards and Return to Cranford (PBS Classic) on.  I didn't want to let Mommy go, though, but relented when Daddy promised that we would read my Puff book for bedtime.

This morning, I let Mommy sleep in until 7:30, then let her nod off for a short nap a few minutes ago.

And it's finally warming up here, so we're heading up to the zoo!  Uncle Grant is  coming with us.  This, too, is part of Mommy's birthday, as she has been missing our trips of late.  (We did make a trip with Michael the other day, though.)

So, we love you, Mommy!  And we hope you had the happiest of all birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Holly! I hope I get a birthday weekend HALF as cool as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun was had by all. now, how many candls?

    ReplyDelete