Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fun, Fun in the Snow

Daddy got to stay home with us yesterday since they cancelled school because of the weather.  Me and Mommy were so glad.


At first it was just raining, then the rain started freezing.  Soon, a wintry mix started to fall and it got pretty nasty out.  And it wasn't really the kind of stuff you want to play in, so we stayed inside.  Grandaddy stopped by for a short visit and helped the day go by.


It finally started snowing pretty good during my naptime.  But it wasn't until dark that I finally was able to play in it.  I was getting stir crazy being trapped inside all day, so I convinced Daddy to let me out for a while.


It snowed some more overnight and everything froze solid, which made it kind of dangerous.  But we decided to take a stroll through the 'hood anyway.  Me and Daddy ran around, while Mommy worried we might slip and fall.  But we looked out for her and helped her past the treacherous spots.

We ended up around the corner at Cafe Eclectic and had a nice breakfast.  Well, Mommy and Daddy had a nice breakfast.  I mostly had fun playing with the kids at the booth behind us.  Oh, and I discovered the joy of a chocolate milk box (my first!) and drinking through a straw.

All the fun in the snow must have tuckered me out because I fell asleep in my high chair almost as soon as I started eating lunch.

I can't wait to play some more!

1 comment:

  1. Phew! I am so glad Holly managed to make it through without slipping!
    And I'm glad you got to play in the snow, at least a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete