Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday

Can you believe I had to get shots on my birthday?!?! How mean is that? But I'm a big boy and didn't cry...much. I am a big boy: 31 in long and 24 lb 5 oz. Also, the doctor's office has this really cool fish tank. I just love to yell and bang on the glass and make funny faces at the fishes.

After we got home, Daddy turned my carseat around. Yep, I now face forward! And it's so much fun, too. I just laughed and giggled. You people have been holding out on me, not letting me see what's going on. I know now and there's no going back.

We went to Memphis Pizza Cafe for my birthday tonight with Aunt Cathy and Grandmommy. It's my favorite! It's way better than those other pizza places where kids celebrate their birthdays.

I opened presents from Mommy and Daddy. And I got a fun ball that bounces everywhere, an Anamalz elephant, and two books. You know how I love books. Well, I got Ten Little Elvi, as an homage to Memphis and the King, and that great classic, Where the Wild Things Are.

Oh, Oh, Oh!!! And I got to eat a cupcake! Sweet! White cake with vanilla icing, from our neighborhood bakery/cafe, Cafe Eclectic. It was some kind of yummy!

But I was so tuckered out after my big day. I fell asleep on the way home from dinner, even though it was over an hour earlier than usual.

I'll get picture up soon of my birthday dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I had to miss it. Waco, Texas is a little to far to run to Memphis for lunch. But I will see you at your Birthday Party this weekend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Grandaddy loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray!!! Happy Birthday, Dylan!!! I'll see you soon! Love, Sandra

    ReplyDelete