Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th!

Mommy is so disappointed at me, because I am not going to make it to the fireworks and the music and all those things she loves about the 4th of July. But, no worries, we're all set for tomorrow evening's concert. The River City Concert Band is playing their annual patriotic concert at church, to be joined by our church choir and three other church choirs from around town. Mommy has been waiting all year for this.

But, alas, I may not get to go, as I am again under the weather. We're hoping it's just teething, since I am drooling more than I have in my life. Yet, Mommy couldn't find any signs of teeth in my mouth and I have a fever that is higher than a teething fever. I sure hope it's not another ear infection. Yuck.

At least Daddy has been home and rested, though. He plays with me everyday when he gets home, but not for long, because he is so tired and has to go to bed. That's why I was so happy yesterday, since Daddy had no school and no training and no work, which meant more time for me.

We went swimming at Aunt Cathy's pool, then we went out to Grandmommy and Grandaddy's house for dinner. This morning, Mommy and me went shopping with Grandmommy while Daddy slept. But then me and Daddy played some. And Daddy gave me a bath for the first time all week, since he was actually awake for bathtime.

The summer is almost over, though, so things should calm down at little bit pretty soon.

Oh, and I am so excited because our friend, Bridget, just had her baby girl. I can't wait to meet her and play with her.

1 comment:

  1. aww, maybe soon Emily will be awake long enough to play!

    ReplyDelete