Monday, July 27, 2009

Party, Etc

I had a nice party and want to thank everyone who helped me celebrate my first birthday. I got so many presents, which you know is great. But it also made me happy to see so many good friends and family members celebrating my first year alive.

I'm sorry I didn't feel so good. I promise, I'm usually not fussy like that. But I've been taking antibiotics to get over my sick. Plus, I really have never had that many people over before.

If you weren't there, I'll get pictures up soon. I promise. So, check back in a day or two.

But you should know that Mommy made the coolest cake and cupcakes ever. I didn't even want to destroy them! She made a big Cookie Monster and little Cookie Monsters with half cookies in their mouths. She used Aunt Sara's icing recipe, which is sinful, but I'm not sure if even Aunt Sara the artist could make Cookie Monster like Mommy. My Mommy is the best!

Aunt Cathy made some yummy looking punch, but, for some reason, nobody would let me have any. But Aunty Cathy did keep telling me not to worry because she would introduce me to Vodka one day. I don't know what that means, but it sure sounds fun.

And Pacher made these wonderful spring rolls and desert egg rolls. She just started her own business called The Little Egg Roll Shop and you should totally give her some money in exchange for some tasty treats. Check her out here. The site's still under construction, but you can see a picture and get her email there.

What else did we have? Oh, that's right. Pickles! Of course, we had pickles. Mommy even made cards, with the 'Sour Pickles' having a sour-faced picture of me and the 'Sweet Pickles' having a sweet-faced picture of me. How cute is that!?!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Seems like just yesterday your Mommy and Daddy were calling me to consult on pregnancy tests. :) You are so loved and we hope we can see you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun Dylan! I loved the cake and cupcakes your mommy made- she should go into business making cookie monster cakes and cupcakes! And your Aunt Cathy makes really good punch! Feel better soon, sweet Pickle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pickle! Grandaddy had fun at your party. I'm sorry you felt bad, but it was fun seeing you light up as you saw your presents. That Cookie Monster toy really made you smile! Your mommy really did the party up right--everything was just perfect, creative and tasty! But Grandaddy's favorite part of the day was when you finally wore out and took a long nap on my stomach. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't your mommy make the best party ever?!? I don't know how she will top that fabulous cake but I bet she will! We all had so much fun and I can't wait to have you read me one of your new books. Love you so much! Kiss your mommy and daddy for me!

    ReplyDelete