Saturday, November 07, 2009

Boy's Day

Mommy has been very busy this week making banners for the Missions Banquet at church.  And they are very nice.  Mommy is so creative.  So, anyway, they have to be done before tomorrow.

Plus, sometimes I like to give Mommy a break from me and sometimes I wish I had more time to spend with Daddy.  Therefore, we declared today a boy's day.

Me and Daddy played and read and listened to music and went to a basketball game and watched some college football.

With Daddy, I usually like to play with my balls or my cars or my blocks.  But, today, I was really into the wooden train set that spells my name.  I don't know why; I just was.

Grandaddy and Aunt Cathy got me some new books at the Scholastic Book Fair at church the other night, so I have new books to read, although that doesn't stop me from reading the old ones.  Actually, we don't so much read the old ones as much as I identify things on the page when asked.  I'm a smarty pants like that.

And Daddy has turned me onto OutKast.  I like their beats and especially enjoyed dancing to "Bombs Over Baghdad."  What?  Are you laughing?  We should have a dance off.  That'll teach you.

Then, me and Daddy went to watch his students play basketball.  The girls were playing when we got there, so we just found a spot in the stands.  Between games, though, we followed the girls to our school section and sat there while the boys played.  I know the girls were supposed to be watching the game, but that didn't stop me from distracting them.

After missing my nap during the basketball game, I was tuckered out.  I held out, though, until I couldn't stay awake any longer.  And I went from full speed to slamming on the brakes.  My nap my have been late, but it sure was long.

I was so excited when Mommy got home shortly after I woke up.  She missed me so, and I missed her, too.  In fact, just two minutes before she got home, I started saying, "Momma."

It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment