Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble, Gobble!

Happy Turkey Day!

We loaded up the car at bedtime and drove through Tuesday night to Grandma and Pa's house.

It took a long time (8 1/2 hrs, including stops), but I don't remember much of it.  The only times I woke up was when we stopped and the bright lights shined in my eyes.

I had a big day yesterday, interrupting my playtime (with Grandma, Pa, cousins Trevor and Jayda, Aunt Hillary, Uncle Patrick, Mommy, Daddy, Layla, Sugar) only for someone to wipe my nose, which is now running.  I didn't eat much yesterday, but my appetite was back this morning at breakfast.

Daddy's about to go get Nane and Mema is coming over soon, too.  And I can't wait for them to spoil me rotten.  (Grandma and Pa are already doing a good job of that!)

We're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but I really don't care about cheerleaders and musicals and Rockettes.  Bring on Sesame Street!  Bring on the Peanuts characters!  And bring on Santa Claus!  (Get ready, Grandaddy; we'll be calling you when Santa comes.)

This is not my first Thanksgiving, but I was too little to remember last year.  But I can tell that, by the smell of things, this is certainly a holiday for me!  I hope it's a good one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment