Friday, November 27, 2009

(Not So) Black Friday

They call this 'Black Friday.'  Well, what do they know?

Today was a good day, a day that did not involve shopping.  I hear that's the thing to do on this day after Thanksgiving, but I beg to differ.  I have a few ideas as to how one should spend the day after Thanksgiving, thank you very much, and if you read on you'll find out what they are.

The first thing you should do, upon waking, is snuggle.  I prefer to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy and Layla.

When you've had enough of that, you should play until you work up an appetite, at which point you should drink some milk or some juice and eat a good breakfast.

Now, the next part is optional.  Me and Mommy and Daddy got our hair done.  This is optional for the day after Thanksgiving, but not optional for a visit to Grandma's house.

Next, you should get outside for a bit.  I chose to walk (er, ride in the stroller) to the playground, then push my stroller all the way back.

By this time, you should be ready for a nap.  So, go ahead and take one.  I take naps daily, but you may not be as lucky.  Thus, I suggest that you take advantage of the opportunity.  And, if anyone says anything, just tell them to come talk to me.

When you wake up, you will probably be hungry.  You could have leftovers, but I suggest that you save the leftovers for later (dinner, the next few days) and go out.  I had spinach-artichoke dip and sweet potato fries.

I bet there is someone you need to go see.  I bet there is someone who needs you to help them with something.  Go see that person.  Go help that person.  I went to Nane's house to visit and help with her Christmas decorations.

And I bet there is someone you could go see and have some fun.  Do it.  I went to the Babb's to see their animals.  I chased the chickens around, then I petted one.  I played with the puppy.  I petted the bunny rabbit.  And (Surprise!), Mr Railey was in town and drew a bunny on my hand, just as he's been doing for kids for forever and a day.

Being out and on the go will work up an appetite, so you should go home and make some leftovers.

Play some more and light a fire.  And skip you bath before bed.

(Oh, and if you have grandparents like mine who won't see you for Christmas but want to have Christmas with you, then you should have a mini-Christmas with them.)

I think the day after is pretty darn close to being as good as Thanksgiving itself.  I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment