Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekly Roundup

Sorry to be away, folks.  And, really, I don't have a very good reason for not posting in a week.  You know, just the ordinary business of being a kid.

That said, such ordinary business can be quite extraordinary, as was the case this week.

The weather--oh the weather!--has been so very nice.  A kid couldn't ask for better weather.  Maybe someone else could, but not a kid--at least not a kid who likes to be outdoors.  I went to the zoo...twice.  First, on Monday, with my friend Michael.  And then, today, with Evan.  And, on a few occasions, I got to walk Layla and run around.  And I got to swing in my tree swing and go on lots of walks.

Yesterday was a big day.  Mommy and me made a car out of a box.  (More on that later.)  Then, Daddy took me to another basketball game.  (Actually, make that games, with an 's' at the end, because we saw the last quarter of the girls and the first half of the boys.)  And, finally, we went to church for movie night on the lawn.  (Did I mention the weather yet?)

So, the reason we made a car out of a box is because it was 'Boxcar Movie Night' at church.  They were showing Horton Hears A Who! on the lawn, but everyone was invited to show up early to make cars out of boxes.  Why?  Well, who wouldn't want to sit inside of a car on the lawn to watch a movie?  That's what I thought!  I see all those hands.

We made my car during the day because we weren't sure (a) if there would be enough boxes, or (b) if there would be boxes my size.  (And it turned out that there were plenty of boxes, but they were all too big for me.)  At any rate, no one had a boxcar quite a fancy as mine, which was decorated with wrapping paper and felt, as opposed to sidewalk chalk.

I had lots of fun (and ate lots of popcorn!), although I must say that the movie was not so good.  Now, the book is quite enjoyable, but the film version just tries way too hard.  We would rather kick it old school in this house!  (Take that, Jim Carrey.)

Oh, and before I forget, I posted some more photos on the Flickr page.  Here are a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment