Sunday, August 16, 2009

'It Was A Good Day'

To quote Ice Cube, 'I got to say today was a good day.'

Me and Mommy got up and played this morning ('Just waking up in the morning, gotta thank God'), letting Daddy sleep in. And we made blueberry muffins for breakfast ('And Momma cooked a breakfast with no hog/I got my grub on, but didn't pig out'). Then, we woke up Daddy and the two of us played while Mommy got ready for church. At church, I got to sleep in Ms Jobe's lap. They say she is spoiling me, but I don't mind.

After church, we went to Central BBQ and Mommy tried to feed me food from home. Well, I wasn't having any of that! Would you? I wanted some BBQ. And I got some BBQ!

Mommy and Daddy had to do some shopping and drug me around the mall all afternoon. That wasn't very fun at all. But, on the way home, 'saw the police and they rolled right past me/no flexin', didn't even look in a [toddler's] direction.'

On the way home, though, we saw some friends playing soccer ('Which court, are y'all playing basketball?...um, I mean, futbol) and Daddy told me he would take me up there after we dropped off Mommy. We didn't play any soccer, but we sure did play! Well, at least I played. Daddy just talked to a couple of friends while I ran all over the big field.

I played with Lockard a little, but only from a distance because he has a runny nose. Then, I played a little with Edens and Will, but they are a little bigger than me. And I played with a big dog some, too. But, mostly, I just explored the huge sideline area of the soccer field, getting some much needed independent time.

Back at home, Mommy and Daddy let me play with my food tonight! And I wiped apple sauce all over my face and all in my hair! It was way fun! You should try it.

I tell you what, 'Today I didn't even have to use my AK/I got to say it was a good day.'

No comments:

Post a Comment