Monday, August 03, 2009

Learning New Things

So, Mommy and me are staying home again. That means no more school, right? Wrong. Everyone knows my Mommy is the best at teaching little ones and, well, I'm a little one, which means she's teaching me.

For a while now, she has been trying to get me to learn some sign language. And I have been putting up pretty stiff resistance. That is, until today, when I said please in sign language.

And I now recognize both a fish and a car. How do you know? Well, I make associations. When we get to the fish page in one of my Eric Carle books, I make a fish face like Mommy has taught me. Then, when we get to the car page, I go 'vroom vroom' like Mommy has taught me. I've been barking at dogs on and off for a while now; it comes and goes. And, as previously mentioned, I like to go 'mooooo.'

Daddy, who officially reported for duty at his new job today, has taught me to make a fun clicking noise with my tongue and the roof of my mouth. That makes us both giggle.

1 comment:

  1. Mommy is so proud of her Pickle! What a smart little man you are.

    ReplyDelete