Sunday, June 21, 2009

Concert & Picnic

For lunch today, we took Daddy and Grandaddy to Central BBQ for BBQ Nachos. We were going to catch a Redbirds game, an old Father's Day tradition from when Mommy and Daddy last lived in Memphis, and get nachos there. But, alas, the Redbirds were not in town this weekend. We still got nachos, though. Yum, yum!

After lunch, I slept and I slept and I slept some more. I slept the whole day away and wouldn't wake up until about 6. Well, Mommy and Daddy figured I'd probably not want to go to bed on time after all that sleeping, so we went to a concert.

We packed up our stuff, including a little picnic dinner for me, and headed over to the Levitt Shell to hear Andes Manta. They're a group of four brothers originally from Ecuador who play tradition (like, thousands of years old) music from the Andes mountains. And, although they play a few guitars, showing the influence of the European settlers/conquerors, most of their instruments are traditional. And totally neat-o mosquito, too.

Despite the heat and humidity of the Memphis summer (around 90 degrees, but feeling much worse), I had loads of fun. First, I played and ate with Mommy. Then, me and Daddy played and ate some more. It's so nice to have my appetite back. And I danced to the music and had a time.

Then, Mrs Carol came down and played with me. I had been eye-balling her sitting behind us in a lawn chair, until I finally enticed her to come play. She's so nice.

All the excitement and the heat and the fact that I stayed out past my bedtime just tuckered me out. Maybe I'll sleep in tomorrow, but I doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment