Saturday, June 06, 2009

Zoo Days

Now that Daddy's news is out of the way (see the post below if you don't know), let me tell you about my day.

Mommy and I decided it would be a nice day to walk to the zoo. On the way, we stopped at our favorite little neighborhood cafe, Cafe Eclectic, to pick up some snacks to enjoy on our trek to and around the zoo. Oh, the joy of living in Midtown. Anyway, so Mommy let me have some doughnut. And they have the best cinamon and sugar doughnuts ever. Yum-O!

Then, after visiting with some friends we saw, we were approached by zookeeper leading some lambs around. Apparently, the lambs get to roam around on Saturday, supervised of course. She wanted to know if I wanted to pet them. Well, of course Mommy said sure.

But I didn't quite know what to think, especially when one, followed by a few others, began to lick my toes and feet and legs. They were loving me because I am so sweet, which is another way of saying that I had doughnut crumbs all over me. HAHAHA!!!

Mommy was all like, "I'm so sorry. I know they're not supposed to eat doughnuts."

As she tried to shoo them away, the keeper was all like, "No, I'm sorry. I just hope they don't start to nibble on him."

I wasn't really sure what to think, but I think I liked it. Those lambs are a little bit different than Layla.

You never know what will happen at the zoo, which is why we like to go so often. You should come with us sometime. It'll be so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment